Summary: From the world’s various types of décor style, Moroccan style is one such style which has its own importance in the field of interior decoration. This style of décor takes it cues from the surrounding landscape of North Africa and became a trend in the year 2007; and since then it has become one of the favorite interiors of all time.
Moroccan style of décor is an exotic style which itself is a blend of many cultures and includes some of the amazing textures and colors like vivid blues and greens, rich oranges and reds, and metallic silver and gold. This style is one such traditional style using all such bright colors. With modernization this trend has had several changes which includes introduction of large scale patterns and current colors. The Moroccan has got everything-from vibrant colors to designed and mosaic products. These vibrant colors are mixed with highly beautiful furniture and various other accessories, potted plants, and gentle lighting to get the perfect interiors. In order to get the perfect Moroccan style of décor one has to get the following elements right-
- STRONG COLORS- Color is the main element in Moroccan style. This style draws inspiration from the morocco’s landscape, look for shades of blue and green from Atlantic and Mediterranean, gold and silver from the Sahara sands.
- MOROCCAN STYLE FURNITURE- The furniture should be simple but the wood shall be ornately carved in high having mosaic or terra cotta tiles around.
- LUXURIOUS AND LUSH FABRICS- The fabrics should be rich in textures and designs as they form the basic Moroccan style of décor. This includes throw pillows and cushions in plenty along with luxurious fabrics from furniture, window frames and the ceiling.
- LIGHTING TO CREATE AN EXOTIC INTERIOR- Another important element is lighting by the means of lamps and pendants made from colored glass, cut metal and carved wood.
- FLOORS MADE OF DARK HARDWOOD HAVING CERAMIC TILES.
- DECORATIVE PLANTS PLACED IN COLORFUL POTS OR BASKETS.
- CANOPIES OVERHEAD.
- SENSUAL MOROCCAN SCENTS- The right fragrances gives an ambience of those Moroccan bazaars giving it a perfect touch. Various scented candles, incense and other perfumes are used to give such an ambience.
These various elements make the morocco style of décor pretty much interesting and beautiful, thereby drawing attention of the interior decorators who undertake to design the houses of the people.
Clothes pegs in a vintage teacup
Coastal Blog – Beach Style, Jewelry, Beaches, Seashells, Crafts
Brilliant Garage Organization Ideas – 28 Simple Ways to Get Your Garage in Order!
Anthropologie – Ceramic Peg Knob
Modern retro (does that make sense?)
Luxury bedrooms designs…Let me help your family find your next luxury home. CALL CASSIE, LICENSED REALTOR SERVING SAN ANTONIO (210) 459-0980
I am trying to remodel the bathrooms in our house. I have a good idea for the basement bathroom. But the other two just rough drafts. I think something like this might be nice for the upstairs bathroom. I think this would be really beautiful, but I am not sure yet. I may want to go brighter upstairs and work with this coloring for the bathroom on the main floor.
52 Stylish Kitchen Backsplash Design Ideas 2013 Pictures
Kitchen Table – Drop Leaf Table – Antiqued and Shabby Chic
Framework for a Garden Retreat
Reuse dresser drawers for a book shelf
modern exterior by FINNE Architects
love the dark woven wood blinds
How to transform your patio space!
Be Creative For Great Bathroom Wall Decor:Natural Water Plant Of Bathroom Wall Decor Download Picture Of Bathroom Walls Decor
Love Laughter and Cold Beer Wood Sign by MistyMichelleDesign, $25.00 hahaha yes
Dining room table with 2×8 boards (4.75 each for $31.00) from Lowes This is the coolest website!!!
marble sink and backsplash
Thomasville Furniture – Brompton Hall Dominique Chair – 1467 15
Love a fireplace in a Master Bedroom!
Nice Color. Benjamin Moore still carries the paint color!! It’s called Antique Pewter.
KITCHEN Elliott Elliott Elliott Guevara Nilsson Nilsson Nilsson
7 Renovation Tips to Boost Resale Value
Silhouette Blog: Home Decor :: Framed Art — simple to do in many colors
10 Spray Paint Tips: what you never knew about spray paint. So good to know! Read before your next project!
Help Your Kids Stay Organized This Summer | 8) Magnetic strips are a great place for cars to “park” when they’re not being played with and makes each special car easier to find.
Each chair cost five bucks and took 30 min to make! Shows you how to build a set of bunk beds, tables, etc. EASY to do.
Don’t throw that old stool out! Make it into a table instead cool idea.
mirrors + monitor/screen // home office
walk-in shower – no door to clean!
country living. love the rustic wood with white!
Fireplace…I LOVE Fireplaces!
Instead of buying an expensive barn door track kit, make one yourself. Fifty-eight dollars worth of hardware—including casters and plumbing pipes—transformed two salvaged 10 dollar doors into a barn-style entry.