Summary: From the world’s various types of décor style, Moroccan style is one such style which has its own importance in the field of interior decoration. This style of décor takes it cues from the surrounding landscape of North Africa and became a trend in the year 2007; and since then it has become one of the favorite interiors of all time.
Moroccan style of décor is an exotic style which itself is a blend of many cultures and includes some of the amazing textures and colors like vivid blues and greens, rich oranges and reds, and metallic silver and gold. This style is one such traditional style using all such bright colors. With modernization this trend has had several changes which includes introduction of large scale patterns and current colors. The Moroccan has got everything-from vibrant colors to designed and mosaic products. These vibrant colors are mixed with highly beautiful furniture and various other accessories, potted plants, and gentle lighting to get the perfect interiors. In order to get the perfect Moroccan style of décor one has to get the following elements right-
- STRONG COLORS- Color is the main element in Moroccan style. This style draws inspiration from the morocco’s landscape, look for shades of blue and green from Atlantic and Mediterranean, gold and silver from the Sahara sands.
- MOROCCAN STYLE FURNITURE- The furniture should be simple but the wood shall be ornately carved in high having mosaic or terra cotta tiles around.
- LUXURIOUS AND LUSH FABRICS- The fabrics should be rich in textures and designs as they form the basic Moroccan style of décor. This includes throw pillows and cushions in plenty along with luxurious fabrics from furniture, window frames and the ceiling.
- LIGHTING TO CREATE AN EXOTIC INTERIOR- Another important element is lighting by the means of lamps and pendants made from colored glass, cut metal and carved wood.
- FLOORS MADE OF DARK HARDWOOD HAVING CERAMIC TILES.
- DECORATIVE PLANTS PLACED IN COLORFUL POTS OR BASKETS.
- CANOPIES OVERHEAD.
- SENSUAL MOROCCAN SCENTS- The right fragrances gives an ambience of those Moroccan bazaars giving it a perfect touch. Various scented candles, incense and other perfumes are used to give such an ambience.
These various elements make the morocco style of décor pretty much interesting and beautiful, thereby drawing attention of the interior decorators who undertake to design the houses of the people.